- Q9K4 = WHAT
- Q9P = WHO/WHY
- Q9SA2 = WHICH/WHERE/WHOSE
- DK1 = AND
- S9 = IS
- TD9 = WAS
- JLV9SARKW = PRESIDENT
- PO = ON
- QIY = THE
- Playfair cipher? (this goes with the "square" in the flavortext)
- QIL, QIV, QUB, QIY, QII all appear.
- aboutTurn Is ... Turnabout? We should be swapping parts of words?
- There is some duality... Taking a TD9 and JLV9SARKW, we have T->W,W->T, D->A, A->D, etc.
- The aforementioned ones are 4 apart (T->W, A->D). Also applies do K->N in DK1 and Q->T in QIY. J->P and L->R in PRESIDENT are 7 apart.
- If you flip around DK1 you get 1KD and if you let 1=A then AKD. K transforms to N somehow. And for S9, flipping you get 9S. 9=I.
- FOO IS BAR is a standard way of writing cryptogram codes. Doing this for ABOUTTURN/TURNABOUT, U maps to N,O and T maps to A,B. Maybe each successive instance of a letter increments its place in the table by one.