Revision as of 08:36, 27 November 2006 by Steve (Reverted edit of Myspacer, changed back to last version by Kassen)
(add your own requests and contributions!)
* Missing documentation.
- New interfaces to the Hid device.
* Outdated info.
* Suggested clarifications
- Could somebody please go into what the word "new" means in ChucK, exactly? It's currently mentioned in the manual exactly once (in that sense). It creates a new instance of a object and it's somehow syntactically similar to "!" and that's about it as far as the manual is concerned.
- The section on getting MIDI input is reportedly hard to understand.
- "one window ChucK" doesn't work like that on Windows, only on Linux and OSX because the Windows comand line refuses to give you your prompt back. The manual currently implies (on page 18 according to the file's numbering) that this will work on all systems which confuses new Win-based users. Why new users (including me a while ago) flock to a paragraph labeled as optional for hardcore veterans might be a good subject for a thesis on documation writing... "One window ChucK is only for the hardest of hardcore and not possible on a Windows comand line." might do the trick though maybe Cygwin offers a solution?
- The bottom of page 35 talks about indexing arrays "int-based" (as opossed to the asociative way). Maybe a different wording would be more fortunate, considdering that "int" is also a type of array itself?