Here are some potentially "showstopper" or otherwise really undesirable bugs for using the miniAudicle for teaching/performance in PLOrk.
So far many of the really serious ones are related to weird/misleading behaviors in the mA editor, secondarily in preferences, including:
- syntax highlighting weirdness
- inconsistency in treating "invalid" tokens (miniAudicle doesn't display them, but they are there). this leads to all kinds of problems from being unable to save current buffers, weird "invalid token" messages when running the code in command line chuck, and I (ge) suspect that this may have something to do with the weird syntax highlighting.
- indentation (it's important to have smart indentation, but it's too buggy to use currently)
- in general, the mA seems quite crash prone, especially to new users
- (preferences?) sometimes the mA starts with 0 DAC channels, a workaround is to open preferences, and select the channel numbers again.
- on-the-fly visual feedback should be enabled by default.