Revision as of 03:47, 15 September 2006 by Gewang
"Small Sounds Sketches" : Create a Performance for 5 Laptops (no additional amplification)
- due: in class | Thursday, September 28th, 2006
- design a live musical performance using 4 or 5 laptops
- the only audio amplifications available will be the onboard laptop speakers.
- pieces should be 2 to 4 minutes in duration
Some Issues to Consider
- what sounds to employ, especially given the constraint of using only laptop speakers?
- how will be the piece be performed? who/what will perform it?
- how will the piece engage the performers? how will it engage the audience?
- will there be a conductor? if so, how should the performance be conducted?
- what software(s), hardware (if any) will you use?
- since we haven't begun covering the technical issues (networking, MIDI input, sensors, programming etc.),
- in class performance
- instructions, if any, for human performers
- instructions, if any, for human conductors
- instructions, if any, for the laptop (programs, sound files)
- program notes, if any
- special requirements (spatial, lighting, etc.)
- README file explaining your approach in creating the performance, what tools you used, any difficulties you encountered, and any additional notes.