Revision as of 17:14, 19 October 2006 by Gewang
"PLOrk Trio (+/-1)" : Create a Duo/Trio/Quartet Performance
- due: in class | Thursday, November 16th, 2006
- public performance: ffmup, November 21st, 2006
- organize into groups
- design a live musical performance for 2, 3, or 4 laptops + PLOrk stations/hemi speakers
- pieces should be 3 to 5 minutes in duration
Some Potential Issues to Consider
(same as before, but should reconsider in light of augmented setup)
- how will be the piece be performed? who/what will perform it?
- how will the piece engage the performers? how will it engage the audience?
- will there be a conductor? if so, how should the performance be conducted?
- what software(s), hardware (if any), acoustic instruments (if any), will you use?
- what are the roles of the laptops in the performance? of the humans?
- how to use the hemispheres and tailor its characteristics to your piece?
- how to spatialize (or localize) the sound?
- what formation?
- in class performance
- ffmup performance
- instructions, if any, for human performers
- instructions, if any, for human conductors
- instructions, if any, for the laptop (programs, sound files)
- program notes, if any
- special requirements (spatial, lighting, etc.), if any
- README file explaining your approach in creating the performance, what tools you used, any difficulties you encountered, and any additional notes.