Difference between revisions of "PLOrk fall2006/Works/Cows Out To Pasture"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
Revision as of 23:25, 30 September 2006
Cows Out to Pasture
- for 5 laptops + 5 humans + no additional amplification (a Small Sounds Sketch).
- composer: Spencer Salazar
- duration: 5'/variable
- software used: OS X, miniAudicle
In this piece, several performers are asked to first record several samples of their voices into the laptop, and then to replay these samples through various forms of digital processing and filtration. The "instrument" (essentially a bare bones sampler) for this piece is versatile and performers are welcome/encouraged to jam or riff in whichever ways they see fit for any length of time. However there is also a rough score for a particular piece that uses this instrument that you can find with the source code. The title is an interpretation of this composition's ending.
- Check System Preferences -> Sound -> Input
- ensure that the Input Source is set to Internal Microphone and turn the Input Volume to ~75%
- open miniAudicle
- In miniAudicle -> Preferences -> Miscellaneous, ensure that the current directory is PLOrk/users/sds/sss/, or whichever other directory the relevant ChucK source files are located.
- Open "start.ck" in miniAudicle.
- Start the virtual machine.
- Add start.ck to the virtual machine. Two windows should appear, one titled "record" and one titled "playback".
- files: (chuck, max, perl, c, code/binaries; sound files)
- score: (if you have one)
- (ahead of time) performers are designated #1 - #5
- turn on computer (all)
- let 60 seconds pass, player 1 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- let additional 30 seconds pass, player 2 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- let additional 30 seconds pass, player 3 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- let additional 30 seconds pass, player 4 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- let additional 30 seconds pass, player 5 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- end of piece (EOP)
- signal the start of piece, leave stage