Revision as of 02:08, 15 February 2007 by Gewang
The Drum Machine
Inspired by the question posed by the reporter from Fox News: "... but can you dance to it?"
- design a piece with rhythm, either scored/recorded or performed live
- pieces should be 2 to 5 minutes in duration
- you define what "rhythmic" means
- this is a solo project (everyone should create a piece), but can use multiple machines and human helpers/players, if needed
- due: in class | Thursday ???
Some Potential Issues to Consider
- level of human interaction?
- is live performance is to be incorporated? if so, how and what is the interface?
- how to structure the software to facilate the piece?
- programs, sound files (if any)
- a recording and/or a live performance in class
- instructions, if any, for the laptop (programs, sound files)
- instructions for human performers, if any
- program notes, if any
- README file explaining your approach in creating the piece, what tools you used, any difficulties you encountered, and any additional notes.