Welcome to COS/MUS 314 for Spring 2011. You will be assimilated into PLOrk, resistance is futile.
In addition to YOU, the following are involved in teaching these courses:
- Daniel Iglesia, Visiting Lecturer/ Visiting Director of PLOrk
- Jeffrey Snyder, Technical Director, Princeton Computer Music Studios, Associate Director of PLOrk
- Michael Early, graduate student and TA, Assistant Director of PLOrk
Other Important People whose names will come up
- Perry Cook and Dan Trueman, professors and PLOrk founders
- Ge Wang, PLOrk founder, creator of ChucK, now leads rival Stanford LOrk
- Rebecca Fiebrink, CS professor and PLOrk expert
All PLOrk members must configure their laptops (Macbooks) as described here
The current version of the PLOrk Repository, broken down into subfolders that can be downloaded individually, can be found here
Precepts WILL be held the first week of class!!
- Precepts on Wednesdays from 7:30-9:20pm, Woolworth 102
- Thursday rehearsal from 1:30-4:20pm, McAlpin and other rooms in Woolworth, when we break into smaller groups.
- Class begins: February 2
- Spring break: Week of March 14
- Week of March 21st: informal midterm project presentations, location TBD
- April 23rd: dress rehearsal and performance in Taplin Auditorium
- April 29th: dress rehearsal and performance at 92nd St. Y Tribeca, NYC
- Sometime Mid-May: final project presentations/open house
- PLOrk Reader; lots and lots of reading relevant to PLOrk and this seminar in general. please add as you see fit, and ask us for the password for protected papers if you can't guess it.
- Be sure you're on the PLOrk314-316 mailing list.
- See the extensive list of resources at the Fall 2007 Wiki for starters.
COS/MUS 314 Info
- Dan I. will be in Princeton on Wednesday and Thursdays. Office hours will be before/after class by request/appointment.