This is a discussion page for symmetry-space editing framework. People currently involved in this project are: Vladimir Kim, Yaron Lipman and Thomas Funkhouser. Feel free to contact us if you would like to participate. Some unorganized examples can be found here.
Types of input
- f Deformable image
- f1 One smooth image s.t. all of its parts are smoothly related via some transformation. E.g. face, human pose,
- f2 Disconnected components related by some transformation. E.g. windows, leafs, cars in the traffic
- g Target symmetry image
- g1 Real image. E.g. same as f1, but with different subject.
- g2 Synthetic (perfect) shape. E.g. Perfect oval, plane of symmetry
- g3 None. E.g. Target is defined via symmetry maximization/minimization.
Types of deformations
- D1 Smooth curve control points. E.g. piecewise linear coords, human pose angles, mesh cage coordinates...