Began writing code, prepared presentation.
Tested Multinomial sampler and Dirichlet prior classes; still need to test conditioned sampling.
Started processing parsed files. Presented to WN group, got following suggestions:
- For parsing using some order, switch to tree parser
- In a tree parser, you can use parent node to define the distribution
- Embed whole thing as graphical model (Jonathan's idea)
Random Notes (on desktop in office)
Need to vary hyperparameters ...
To generate input files:
- run makeVocabDat.py (note: you may have to modify EXTENSION variable depending on what the files look like ... it could be either ".bnc.parsed" or ".parsed")
- That generates "role-count.dat" and "word-count.dat" ... if you want to change the vocab files, you'll need to sort these and rename them to "sorted-word.dat" and "sorted-role.dat"
- Then run