- Graduate Seminar, Fall 2010
- Trinity College Dublin
- Dan Trueman
What this year-long bi-weekly seminar ends up being will depend on participant interest.
- laptops and performance
- networks, local and distance
- instrument building, including:
- output: speaker design
- input: sensors, controllers, hacked thingies, touch surfaces, etc...
- mapping: explicit, new machine learning approaches (implicit), etc...
- signal processing
- the notion of "composed instruments"
- and much more
- rhythm, meter and machines
- algorithms, technology, and composition/creativity
- transmission and notation
- and whatever else comes up!
I'd like this to function in part as a pro-seminar, where participants share their own work over the course of the year and get feedback from others. It can also end up partially hands-on, where we build/hack/code things together or in groups. Let's see what happens!!
- names, email addresses (bot obscured)....
Week 1: 14/10/2010
- discussion of what we should do!