Difference between revisions of "Taps/Platform"
|Line 103:||Line 103:|
====MAC OS X====
====MAC OS X====
Revision as of 15:37, 4 June 2009
While we try to make our software platform-independent, some problems do arise on some platforms. For the benefit of the taps user community, here is a list of specific issues reported by users, along with temporary solutions if available.
Note: It may be extra hard to make taps work on:
- 64-bit platforms
- Windows 98 or older
(Run-time) Audio stuttering High CPU usage, even at low frame rates Other weird behavior
- Check that hardware rendering is enabled for graphics on your system.
- Try installing new drivers for your graphics card.
(Run-time) Sliders/buttons don't do anything Text looks blurred
- Is it a 64-bit platform?
- If so, can it be compiled in 32-bit mode?
- There is also a patch for 64-bit machines from Daniel Schmitt. It fixes some things, but other problems may come up later.
(Compile-time) Debian "Conflicting declaration" errors for pthread
- The system may have two different pthread libraries.
- If so, try deleting one or explicitly setting things up to use just one library.
(Run-time) Debian Lenny No sound produced even in 32-bit mode
- It may still work on Debian Etch, possibly related to different library versions in the different distributions.
(Run-time) Debian Error including the phrase "Visual with necessary capabilities not found"
- Try removing some flags (such as GLUT_ALPHA) from the glutInitDisplayMode() function in audicle_gfx.cpp and re-compiling.
- Information extracted from here.
(Run-time) Ubuntu using jack Error includes the phrase "No devices found for compiled audio APIs"
- Installing jackd ("sudo apt-get install taps jackd")
- Starting jackd ("jackd -d alsa")
- Running taps ("taps")
- Information extracted from here
(Run-time) Ubuntu GUI looks fuzzy
- Unresolved; possibly related to graphics settings.
(Run-time) Mandriva using jack and i686, but maybe also other set-ups GUI flickers a lot Flickers at all frame rates, maybe slightly slower for the very slow frame rates Flickers even after display drivers are updated
(Run-time) Ubuntu using jack Does not run unless Jack is open and set to 48kHz
- Unresolved, besides the trivial solution of opening Jack and setting it to 48kHz.
(Run-time) Ubuntu 9.04 (and maybe other versions) Windowing problems: tearing, messy layering with parts of other windows showing through Noted when using Compiz for windowing, but not tested without Compiz
MAC OS X
(Run-time) Starting taps results in normal Terminal output, but no GUI appears
- Try starting taps, going to Preferences and clicking "Set Defaults", and re-starting taps.
(Run-time) Occasional flickering with green lines across screen, especially near user interface elements
- Try replacing your video card... (if not related to OS update)
(Run-time) Starting Terminal.app actually starts taps executable (or tries to) Normal Terminal window no longer available
(Run-time) Anything weird
- Re-start and try again.
(Run-time) Green sphere in flippers not visible even when flippers are on