The band and what we might be able to play
mike early says: things i could do :
- happy playing piano / keyboard in any way they'll make sound, notated or free (can play pretty well)
- happy playing cello / guitar (more limited skills!)
- happy singing
- happy laptopping
- happy hitting things / pushing buttons / breaking things / etc.
(instruments i have: cello, steel string acoustic guitar, 1 hacked toy (cartoon speech samples), keyboard, cheap ocarina)
John Fontein's list of offerings:
- waking up late on a Friday afternoon
- piano, guitar, violin
- HCI stuff (hitting, bending, shaking, etc)
what anne hege has to offer:
- vocals - with electronics or without
- flute -
- guitar - if someone lends one
- basic piano
jascha narveson says: ...and I can:
- push buttons
- hit things
- sing in a group (no solos, please!)
I can also play tabla, but I didn't bring mine to Princeton with me, so this is not useful unless you have an extra pair just lying around... note from DT: PRC has nice tablas that need to be tuned...
JN continues: oh yeah: i also own an electric guitar, but no amp. i like to doodle on it sometimes, and i used to actually play, like, years ago. it has 7 strings (a low B under the E), which i find amusing. i offer it up to TechBand either with me attached or just on its own.
cameron britt says: I can play percussions: standard orchestral stuff, keyboards, hand drums, other stuff. I also have some circuit bent toys I can play including a Speak and Math, "Voice Changer", and Barbie Karaoke.
andrea mazzariello says: I am happy to play drums (real drums or my sampling-pad kit), play the piano/ketyboard/synth badly, attempt both at once, speak, maybe sing.
samson young says: I am happy to - (in order of happiness associated with each task)
- do live video
- hit things, sing, and laptop things
- play the piano badly. I also have a toy accordion...
- play drones on the double bass
rebecca fiebrink says: I offer: flute and piano (normal or strange, but only one at a time), hitting things, pushing buttons and other electronics, laptop/coding, being (i.e., I can be sensed by sensors).
dan trueman begins:
- am happy to play hardanger fiddle, either "normally" or in strange ways, amplified or not, notated or not.
- am happy to play 6-string electric violin (two lower strings, C and F), notated or not.
- am fine a singing in group and harmony situations.
- am happy to hit things as needed
- am happy to laptop things
and perry cook says...... huh?