Cache Hitters Summer Softball
About the Cache Hitters
We're looking for players (students, faculty, staff, friends) to join the department's summer softball team, the Cache Hitters. We are all about fun and camaraderie in the summer sun. Everyone who shows up will play, regardless of experience or ability. If you're around for any part of the summer, you should come out to play, even if it's only for one game. Especially if you've never played before, come out and give it a try!
The season runs from late May to early August. We usually play once or twice a week on weekday evenings starting at 5:15pm.
Join the team
- E-mail the managers telling us how often you expect to be able to play.
- Subscribe to the mailing list via Mailman.
All games begin at 5:45pm. Warm-ups and batting practice at 5:15pm.
|Tue May 14||@15 DNAces||Field 1|
|Wed May 15||@12 The Dammed||Broadmead 2|
|Tue May 21||@13 Tokabats||Field 3|
|Wed May 29||@18 Defense Mechanisms||Broadmead 1|
|Mon Jun 03||13 Tokabats||Broadmead 1|
|Thu Jun 06||@14 Backside Attackers||Broadmead 2||L (forfeit)|
|Mon Jun 10||12 The Dammed||Broadmead 2||Rainout; Rescheduled to 7/24|
|Thu Jun 13||@11 Coprolites||Field 1||Rescheduled to 6/27|
|Mon Jun 17||11 Coprolites||Field 1||L|
|Thu Jun 20||14 Backside Attackers||Broadmead 2||W (forfeit)|
|Tue Jun 25||12 The Dammed||Field 1||W (20-18)|
|Thu Jun 27||@11 Coprolites||Cow 1||W|
|Mon Jul 01||18 Defense Mechanisms||Broadmead 2||Not played|
|Tue Jul 02||16 William St. Pump & Hosed||Field 3|
|Wed Jul 10||@17 CTRL+ALT+DEL||Field 1|
|Thu Jul 11||17 CTRL+ALT+DEL||Field 4|
|Mon Jul 15||15 DNAces||Field 4|
|Thu Jul 18||@17 CTRL+ALT+DEL||Field 3|
|Tue Jul 23||@16 William St. Pump & Hosed||Broadmead 2|
|Tue Jul 24||12 The Dammed||TBD||Rescheduled from 6/10|
|2013 regular season record: 0-0|
Playoffs begin July 25, 2013. Schedule TBD
Official Playoff PDF: TBA
Playoff Bracket: TBA
The West Windsor Fields are along Washington Road between Lake Carnegie and Route 1. Google Map Link The softball league tries to use the best field we can subject to the fact that just about everything else (e.g., sports camps) has priority over us. First choice is generally are the "Rugby Fields" in the center. Second choice are the 'Washington Fields" closest to Washington Road. On or about July 4th, we use the "Cow Pasture" fields in the back. This older layout shows the general areas but note that the orientation of the diamonds in the Rugby Fields had to change because softball is no longer permitted to have the infield on the rugby fields. The remapping relative to the older layout is:
- NewRugby 1 will play from deep center field of old Rugby 4 (near the old shed) and hit towards the lightning shelter
- NewRugby 3 will play from deep center of old Rugby 3 and hit towards the lightning shelter
- NewRugby 2 will play from the corner nearest Wash Road and US 1 and hit towards the lightning shelter (this will give it a right field fence)
- NewRugby 4 will play from the corner nearest Wash Road and the Canal and hit towards the lightning shelter (this will give it a left field fence)
So, for example, here are the alternate locations of West Windsor Field #3. First choice is "3", second choice is "3w", and third choice is "3c".
- Management Team: email@example.com
- Manager/Coach: Open Position (Ben Rose has volunteered to help out)
- General Manager: Scott Karlin (pays bills, sees to year-to-year continuity)
- Team Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org