Difference between revisions of "PLOrk fall2006/Works/Cows Out To Pasture"
Revision as of 23:03, 30 September 2006
Cows Out to Pasture
- for 5 laptops + 5 humans + no additional amplification (a Small Sounds Sketch).
- composer: Spencer Salazar
- duration: 5'/variable
- software used: OS X, miniAudicle
Did you hear what I just heard?
- Check System Preferences -> Sound -> Input
- ensure that the Input Source is set to Internal Microphone and turn the Input Volume to ~75%
- open miniAudicle
- In miniAudicle -> Preferences -> Miscellaneous, ensure that the current directory is PLOrk/users/sds/sss/, or whichever other directory the relevant ChucK source files are located.
- Open "start.ck" in miniAudicle.
- Start the virtual machine.
- Add start.ck to the virtual machine. Two windows should appear, one titled "record" and one titled "playback".
- files: (chuck, max, perl, c, code/binaries; sound files)
- score: (if you have one)
- (ahead of time) performers are designated #1 - #5
- turn on computer (all)
- let 60 seconds pass, player 1 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- let additional 30 seconds pass, player 2 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- let additional 30 seconds pass, player 3 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- let additional 30 seconds pass, player 4 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- let additional 30 seconds pass, player 5 closes lid on computer, leave stage
- end of piece (EOP)
- signal the start of piece, leave stage