Revision as of 15:02, 19 August 2007 by Dtrueman
- PLOrk Reader
- primary meeting time: Th 1:30-4:20, McAlpin and/or Studio B
- assistance setting up may be requested on many of these meetings
- November 7 (tentative) and 8 (definite); performances in DC area.
- Not everyone will be involved, and this is a PLOrk-specific performance.
- get Nic Collins' book on hardware hacking
- Reed Ghazala's book on circuit-bending is also a blast
- Bart Hopkins' book on instrument building has lots of great info about building musical things out of metal, wood, glass, and so on...
- there is a machine shop class offered in the Engineering Quad; useful primarily for metal-working, though wood and plastic is also possible. contact Larry McIntyre about taking this 5-week course to get access to the machine shop
- Arduino microncontroller resources
- check out the proceedings from past NIME conferences (New Interfaces for Musical Expression) for ideas and general wackiness