PLOrk speaker building notes
Revision as of 12:18, 13 April 2008 by Narveson
A place for useful notes on building the new silver hemispheres, sorted by step:
- Audio wires from the RCA sextet to the 6-channel pot need to be a little longer than we first thought: 14"-16" inches
- The white wire with the blue stripe (attached to the amps) is junk - replace all of that
- Striped wire = +12v
- Scott's new color-coding for the RCA sextet: 1 = Blue, 2 = Blue/Black, 3 = Orange, 4 = Orange/Black, 5 = Green, 6 = Green/Black
Preparing the rings and drivers
- The sticky stuff on the foam rings for the drivers isn't too good - a lot of them fell off over night. Maybe save this step until the drivers are ready to be screwed on to a hemi.
Installing The Drivers
- Don't forget to put the ring over the wire before soldering the speaker to it. Forgetting to do this is lame. Current score: Dan: 5 or more, Jascha: 2. dan wins!!!
- Trim the excess tape from the screw-holes with something before putting the screws in - not doing this can sometimes gum the screws up and make it annoying and needlessly difficult to get them in.